Terms & conditions
This page explains the terms on which you may use our website www.franckenergy.com (“the Website”). For simplicity our terms have been split into 2 parts:
Part B: Miscellaneous provisions
- Information about us
- Accessing the Website
- Intellectual property rights
- Reliance on the Website
- Information about you and your visits to the Website
- Viruses, hacking and other offences
- Linking to the Website
- Links from the Website
Our Website is operated by Franck Energy Limited (“we”, “us”, “our”), a limited company, registered in England and Wales under company number 8792949. Our registered office is at c/o Buzzacott, 130 Wood Street, London, EC2V 6DL.
- You may access our Website on a temporary basis.
- You may also access the calculator and estimation algorithms which are accessed through the Website and designed for the purpose of generating indicative estimates of the energy performance of buildings for planning purposes (the “Calculator”) on a temporary basis. Preliminary level access allows you to input basic information about your development to estimate the annual energy consumption and CO2 of your proposed development (“Preliminary Level”).
- Due to the nature of the internet we cannot guarantee your use of the Website will be uninterrupted or that transmissions will be error-free. We will not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- We may temporarily withdraw, suspend or amend any part of the Website for repairs, routine maintenance or for any other reason without notice and without liability.
- We may permanently withdraw, suspend or amend any part of the Website and/or any service we provide on the Website for any reason without notice and without liability. We will always try to give you as much notice as we reasonably can before permanently withdrawing the Website.
- From time to time, we may restrict access to the whole or any part of the Website.
- We are the sole or joint owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Website, in the information, data and material published on it (including but not limited to the name “Franck Energy”) (the “Content”) and the Calculator. The Website, Content and Calculator are protected by copyright laws, treaties and other intellectual property laws around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- Subject to clause 3.iii, you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts from the Website for your personal reference.
- Access to particular areas of the Website (including certain functions of the Calculator) may be limited to certain registered users. You are not permitted to access, print-off, download or copy such areas of the Website unless you have registered with us. You must comply with any applicable additional terms and conditions that apply to your access and use of such areas of the Website.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded from the Website. You must always acknowledge the Website as the source of the material, (including the Website’s IP address and any identified authors or contributors of the material) in any copies or extracts of the materials which you make.
- You may not copy, distribute, store, frame or otherwise transmit the Content or Calculator for any commercial use (other than as specified in clause 3.ii) without our express consent.
- We reserve the right at any time in our discretion to withdraw or modify the licence set out at clause 3.ii above.
- While we will use our reasonable efforts to ensure that any information we place on the Website and/or the results from your use of the Calculator (the “Preliminary Results”) are reasonably accurate (having regard to the level of data input into the Calculator), they are published without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to their accuracy or completeness. As such, you are advised that the Content, the Calculator and any Preliminary Results may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors.
- You are responsible for verifying the accuracy of the Content and Preliminary Results. The Content and Preliminary Results are not intended to amount to professional advice or any other type of advice on which reliance may be placed. We shall not be liable for your use of the Content and/or Preliminary Results (or any reliance you place on them) or, for any advice given to a third party based on such Content and/or Preliminary Results (or any reliance placed on them by a third party).
- We may make improvements or changes to the Website, Content, the Calculator or any goods or services offered on the Website, at any time and without advance notice. Any of the Content (including the Calculator) may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such Content.
- We give no warranty and make no representation, express or implied as to:
- 1. The adequacy or appropriateness of the Website, Content or Calculator for your purpose;
- 2. Compatibility of the Website with your equipment software or telecommunications connection;
- 3. Compliance with any law; or
- 4. Non-infringement of any right.
- The internet is not a secure environment and we cannot guarantee that the Website and the server are free of computer viruses or other harmful applications. We recommend that you regularly update your browser software and use up-to-date anti-virus software to ensure that your access to the Website is as secure as possible.
- You agree to use the Website only for lawful purposes. In particular, you agree not to:
- 1. Use the Website to receive, access or transmit material that is obscene, sexually explicit, defamatory, threatening, degrading, racist, in breach of confidence or in breach of third party intellectual property rights (including copyright) or otherwise objectionable or unlawful;
- 2. Use the Website in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- 3. Attack the Website or Database via a denial-of-service attack or a distribution denial-of service attack;
- 4. Access or attempt to access parts of the Website that you are not authorised to access;
- 5. Use the Website to gain unauthorised access to other computer systems or interfere with services to other host providers, networks or websites;
- 6. Use the Website to knowingly or recklessly transmit material (including, but not limited to viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, spyware or adware) or otherwise use the Website so as to cause harm to the Website, us or other users or which is likely to bring the Website or us into disrepute; or
- 7. Violate any other applicable law or regulation while using the Website.
- By breaching clause 6.ii, you may commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 (as amended from time to time). We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Website will cease immediately.
- We will not be liable for any loss, liability, cost or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, virus or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Website or on any website linked to it.
- We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this clause 6 through your use of the Website. We may take such action as we deem appropriate in the event of any breach.
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- You may not frame the Website on any other site nor create a link to any part of the Website other than the home page without our prior written consent. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- Any link used on this Website is provided solely for convenience. A link does not represent any endorsement or recommendation by us and does not mean that we have any association with the linked site.
- We are not responsible for and have no control over the content of any websites that have links with this Website. You acknowledge and agree that we shall not be liable in any way for the content of any such linked website, nor for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of any linked website or its content.
Part B: Miscellaneous Provisions
- Jurisdiction and applicable law
- Our liability
- Your liability
- Consequences of a breach
- Access Outside The UK
- Your concerns
- We will try to solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. If you are not happy with the way we deal with any disagreement you may wish to take court proceedings.
- 1. Your use of the Website;
- 2. Your inability to use the Website; or
- 3. The results of the use of the Website, the Content or any websites linked to it.
- The presence of a third party’s advertising or other content on the Website does not in any way give rise to or, otherwise imply, a recommendation, endorsement or other representation on our part in respect of the third party’s products or services.
- 1. Immediately, temporarily or permanently withdraw your right to use the Website;
- 2. Require you to change any passwords that you may use to access parts of the Website;
- 3. Immediately, temporarily or permanently remove any material uploaded by you to the Website including but not limited to a link to another website;
- 4. Issue you with a warning;
- 5. Issue legal proceedings against you;
- 6. Disclose such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary; or
- 7. Any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
- Any termination of the Website or your access to the Website will not affect liability previously incurred by either of us to the other.
We cannot guarantee that the Website complies with all foreign and local laws and requirements outside the United Kingdom.
If you have any concerns about the operation of this Website, please contact email@example.com