Heat Pump Installers UK
Air Source Heat Pumps Ground Source Heat Pumps Click for an overview
There are few things worse than being without hot water in winter. If you live in an older building, it is not unheard for your boiler to break down or malfunction, leading to the need to replace it with a new heating system. Easier said than done. Installing a heat pump is a complicated procedure and not one that the average person should consider undertaking alone. When disaster strikes, it is time to bring in the professionals.
However, traversing the jungle of energy installation companies can be an adventure in itself. Here are some points to take into consideration before you employ an installer:
- Both the heat pump system and the company that supplies and installs it should be registered with the Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS). Most installers will proclaim their certification status in their marketing or on their website, but if you are unsure, you can call the installation company and ask for their registration number. A quick check in the MCS database will tell you whether they truly are registered there.
- It is also important to check that your chosen company is a member of REAL, which stands for Renewable Energy Assurance Ltd. Membership of this scheme guarantees that the installer and any sub-contractors that they employ have agreed to abide by stringent codes of practice for customer care, before, during and after an installation. Once again, you can check the membership status of your chosen company online for your own peace of mind.
- In a similar vein, it is worth checking that the company is a member of a recognised Trade Association such as the UK's Heat Pump Association (HPA).
- It is a good idea to get an up-to-date Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) for your home. This rates your residence according to various energy efficiency criteria.
- Your insulation levels should meet the criteria specified by the UK's Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI).
- The installation company should conduct a site survey of your home.
- Make sure that you obtain a written quote from the installation company
- Check the company's past performance by asking for written testimonials from previous projects.
- Set out your expectations for the work to be performed in writing, and provide the installation company with a copy.
- Check that the installation conforms to the permitted development rights associated with your property. If not, sufficient planning permission must be sought.
It seems like a long list of things to check and consider, but it is inarguable that you will get a great return on the time and effort invested into finding the right company.
However, it is also true that not everyone has enough time to spend trawling the internet and making the necessary checks to ensure peace of mind. If you find yourself unable or simply unwilling to give the necessary time, there is another solution that will help you avoid the extra stress. At Franck Energy, we offer our services for finding an ideal heating system, checking to ensure that the installation company is of the highest standard, and overseeing all of the steps listed above. The benefits of our services can be summarised in the following points:
- We know that each building is different, as are the heating needs of each family. Our services enable you to easily compare the products and technologies available in order to find the heating solution that is best suited to your specific home and heating needs.
- Our friendly team guide you through every stage of what can sometimes be a complicated process, supporting you in surveying the wider market in order to find the ideal supplier of the particular technology you are interested in.
- We help to minimise stress through our consultative and individualised approach. Our services could be compared to a concierge or match-making service, as we work tirelessly to find the perfect match between the new heating system you require and local companies who are able to assess your home, tailor, supply and install the system in your home. Our dedicated team assist you every step of the way, removing obstacles and stress from the process and ensuring that you end up with the ideal heat pump for your individual home as quickly and as painlessly as possible.
- We understand that installing a new heat pump can be an unexpected expense that you might not have budgeted for in your yearly household finances. That is why we also offer advice and information on a range of funding and finance options that could ensure that you do not need to wait before ordering and installing your new heating system.
Whether you are building from scratch, re-furbishing or simply need a replacement heating system installed as quickly as possible, we have the expertise and skills to remove the stress from this difficult and confusing process.
Try our FREE online calculator, to see how much you can save